Learn More About our Policies
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND NVG POLICIES AND BUSINESS CONDUCT POLICIES
Transacting International Business
Health, Safety, and Environmental Policies
Safety & Health Policy Nass Valley Gateway is committed to having safe and healthy operations around the world to protect the life and health of its employees and the community surrounding its operations, to protect its assets, to ensure business continuity and to engender public trust. It is the responsibility of every employee to understand and be responsible for incorporating safe behavior in daily business activities. Environmental Quality Policy NVG has historically sought, and continues to seek, to achieve clean, safe, incident-free operation at all our worldwide sites. This policy is assured by internally imposed standards of operation applied worldwide, which frequently go beyond the letter and the spirit of those laws and regulations that apply locally. This commitment to responsible operation is implemented by the sites following formal environmental programs supported by professional staff organizations in Legal, Engineering, Human Resources and Product Supply. NVG’s Environmental Quality Policy, which is applicable to all the Company’s worldwide businesses, states that we will continually strive to improve the environmental quality of our products, packaging and operations around the world. To carry out this commitment at our sites and in all our operations, it is NVG’s policy to:
- Ensure our products, packaging and operations are safe for our employees, consumers and the environment.
- Reduce or prevent the environmental impact of our products and packaging in their design, manufacture, distribution, use and disposal whenever possible. We take a leading role in developing innovative, practical solutions to environmental issues related to our products, packaging and processes. We support the sustainable use of resources and actively encourage reuse, recycling and composting. We share experiences and expertise and aid others who may contribute to progress in achieving environmental goals.
- Meet or exceed the requirements of all environmental laws and regulations. We use environmentally sound practices, even in the absence of governmental standards. We cooperate with governments in analyzing environmental issues and developing cost-effective, scientifically based solutions and standards.
- Continually assess our environmental technology and programs and monitor progress toward environmental goals. We develop and use state-of-the-art science and product life cycle assessment, from raw materials through disposal, to assess environmental quality.
- Provide our consumers, customers, employees, communities, public interest groups and others with relevant and appropriate factual information about the environmental quality of NVG products, packaging and operations. We seek to establish and nurture open, honest and timely communications and strive to be responsive to concerns.
- Ensure every employee understands and is responsible and accountable for incorporating environmental quality considerations in daily business activities. We encourage, recognize and reward individual and team leadership efforts to improve environmental quality. We also encourage employees to reflect their commitment to environmental quality outside of work.
- Have operating policies, programs and resources in place to implement our environmental quality policy.
Fair Dealing with Suppliers and Customers
Fair Dealing with Suppliers and Customers
NVG’s success depends on building productive relationships with our suppliers and customers based on integrity, ethical behavior and mutual trust.
Treating Suppliers Appropriately
Our suppliers are valued partners in the success of our business. Our relationships with them must be characterized by honesty and fairness. Suppliers are selected on a competitive basis based on total value, which includes quality, service, technology and price. Terms and conditions defining our relationship with suppliers are communicated early in the supplier selection process and agreements to such terms and conditions, or any acceptable modifications, are reached before work begins. Included in these standard terms and conditions are NVG’s policies regarding payment terms, confidentiality, the use of intellectual property, worker health, safety and labor practices, and environmental requirements.
Supplier Diversity is a fundamental business strategy for NVG. Our consumers, customers and suppliers become more and more diverse every day, so our success depends on our ability to understand diverse consumers’ needs and to work effectively with customers and suppliers around the world. Diversity is the uniqueness that everyone – from suppliers to employees to corporate officers – brings to fulfill NVG’s Purpose, Values and Principles. We will continue to expand and build our Supplier Diversity results.
Treating Customers Appropriately
NVG recognizes that our customers have individual needs and expectations representing unique opportunities for mutual success. The Company treats all customers equitably and does not give any customer an unfair advantage over another competing customer. The Company does not discriminate by customer size, type, channel, or business strategy.
We believe in competing fairly because we all benefit from fair, free and open markets. We compete strictly on the merits of our products and services and make no attempts to restrain or limit trade. Specifically,
- We never discuss such matters as prices, pricing strategies, product or marketing plans, or terms of sale with competitors. Should a prohibited subject come up during a trade association or other meeting, we must leave the meeting and inform our leadership or legal counsel.
- We do not enter agreements with our competitors concerning prices, production volumes, customers or sales territories.
- We do not link purchase of one product to another or compel suppliers to buy from us to retain their NVG business.
- We do not disparage the products or services of a competitor.
- We collect competitive information through proper public or other lawful channels but do not use information that was obtained illegally or improperly by others, including through misrepresentation, invasion of property or privacy, or coercion.
Policies A basic operating principle of the Company is honesty. Neither deceptive advertising nor questionable promotional activity can ever be justified. These are vital tenets of our dedication to consumers and essential to gaining and keeping their continuing loyalty to our brands. NVG observes standards of commercial fairness in devising, using and selecting advertising and promotions, so our products succeed based on their own quality and performance and our reputation as a company, rather than by false or deceptive statements or comparisons.
Accuracy of Company Records
- The Company’s products and packages will be safe for consumers and the environment when used as intended.
- The Company will seek to ensure that our operations are safe for our employees, neighbors and the environment.
- The Company will meet or exceed all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements with respect to product safety and labeling.
- The Company will provide interested parties with relevant and appropriate factual information about the safety of our products and packaging.
Confidentiality and Consumer Privacy
- Non-public information known to employees as a result of their position with the Company that might be of use to competitors or harmful to the Company if disclosed; and
Support of Universal Human Rights
- Equal opportunity for employees at all levels and no discrimination or harassment based on any personal characteristics unrelated to job performance;
- A safe and healthy workplace protecting human health and the environment;
- Working with governments and communities to improve the educational, cultural, economic and social well-being of those communities.
422 Richards Street, Suite 170
Vancouver, British Columbia,
V6B 2Z, Canada